Wednesday, February 3, 2010

sister to sister "conversations"

One of my favorite things to do is watch my belly move - and my goodness, does it move! All the kicks, pushes, stretches, and the "wave" of movement going across my belly from the right to left side - it's free entertainment! I can just sit and watch them move and sometimes, only imagine the "conversations" happening on the inside.

This morning, shortly after eating breakfast, I noticed Adelyn had the hiccups. I imagined the girls to be sleeping, as they had not actively kicked or moved prior to my eating. In the stillness of the morning, the only movement was the rhythmic hiccups that moved the left side of my stomach up and down. I was amazed at how long the hiccups were lasting - probably for a good minute or so.
Then this sudden strong kick came from Kristen towards Adelyn, which pushed her and ultimately moved my entire belly. Can you hear their conversation? "Adelyn, stop! I'm going to scare the hiccups out of you!" and that's exactly what Kristen did.... Adelyn's hiccups went away.

No comments:

Post a Comment