Thursday, May 27, 2010

Thoughts on Life with Twins

We were all up at 4 am yesterday morning for the girls to eat - and as I was reminiscing that special hour 2 months ago and all the days since, I was full of thanks and JOY. I am thankful that the days are getting easier and better - thanks to routine and the time spent getting to really learn what my girls need. There have been hard days in the past 2 months... really hard days. but I am so thankful to say that JOY has outweighed those days. Now I can just look back on those hard moments (i.e. James at work for 12 hours a day, sleepless days and nights, spit up spewing everywhere from both girls at the same time, leaky diapers...on them, on me) and know that God was with us. I know we're not through it all completely, but we have learned what to do when those circumstances face us. God's wisdom, His grace and our attitude - that is what makes the difference.

Team work is huge in our family! James and I have really grown in oneness these past few months. Our need for each other is great. Our need for God is even greater.

It really takes the two of us to fully give these girls what they need. Yes, I'm here all day every day with the girls. but James comes home from a full day of work, only to join me in the work that is happening here. He helps me with dinner, cleaning, bath time, bed time, changing diapers, burping girls... even at the 4am feeding. I thank God for him! for he continuously loves and serves our family!



Life has really changed since becoming a Mom of multiples. Here's a glimpse into my world --
I go to bed as early as I can. James and I have lights out not too long after the girls go to bed at 8pm... only to arise in the early morning hours to start the day.
I am so thankful for any time during the day to get things done. With two, you never know who will wake up, cry or need her pacifier (because sleeping is not always at the same time!). I'm thankful when I can get my teeth brushed before lunch! or even a shower! yet alone getting things done around the house.
I am thankful for trips to the grocery store. It's time alone and a chance to get out of the house - even though the girls are in the back of my mind and I'm continuously hoping they are doing OK.
I can sure get things done quicker than I ever could before knowing that my time is limited... I'm a SPEED racer! Everything is done quicker - I eat faster, I shower faster, I clean the house faster.
and I am continuously thankful for my mom and my mother-in-law. They are such a huge help!


No I wouldn't change my life right now. I LOVE my girls. Even in the busyness of long days, I wouldn't trade a single moment of getting to watch them grow. They are really GREAT babies! and a joy to have in our lives!

No comments:

Post a Comment