Saturday, May 15, 2010

My 1st Mother's Day

I never knew how much this day meant for a Mother until I became one. It was such a special day. I just wanted to spend all day with my girls - the 2 absolute joys of my life right now! James helped by making the day extra special. Of course, it took a little prep on his part to make it memorable.

It all started the day before.... when I was highly encouraged to leave the house and take time to myself. So I went on a little shopping spree... and came home to 3 very suspicious people - 2 little girls each with a hot pink mitten covering a black stained hand and a Hubby with dark black stains all over his hands. I was very curious (and not to mention excited!) to find out what they were up to!


The girls were 6 weeks old and we felt it was the perfect Sunday to take on the challenge of getting our family out the door for church. Getting to church was also the perfect Mother's Day gift - so refreshing to be back among our community and church family. James kindly offered to dress the girls for church. I laid out cute clothes the night before... but to my sweet surprise, James had Happy Mommy's Day shirts made for the girls to wear. Pink and tiny - they looked so sweet in them.


The girls slept the whole time during church. Knowing how much they enjoy music, I knew it would be a peaceful outing and believed they would fall asleep during worship - and they did! They were "ooh and awed" over too. The girls did great!

I wasn't expecting gifts - I thought I had already received the best gift of just enjoying the blessings of the day. But the girls spoiled me with a gift - a Willow Tree figure of twin infants. and the reason for the black stained hands? it was the girls' signatures for my Mother's Day card. I have their precious tiny hand prints at 6 weeks old.

and to make the day just a little more special... Adelyn smiled. a REAL smile. the kind of grin where your daughter looks straight at you and smiles. Oh! it was beautiful!

did Kristen smile? Yes she did! she smiled at me later that evening. Remember I have IDENTICAL daughters - they do things alike all the time. It didn't surprise me that they would BOTH smile at ME on Mother's Day! Her smile was just as beautiful too!

Oh Kristen and Adelyn, you fill my heart with love and joy! Thank you for a very special first Mother's Day!


PS. Grammy Hughes had a special Mother's Day too! She was blessed by spending time with her children and grandchildren!

No comments:

Post a Comment