Friday, January 8, 2010

What are their names?

Oh it was the question I heard many times. and the reply never changed: "not until we tell our parents." Well, we finally did... it was the day our families gathered to travel to Salado for dinner. Before we left town, we gave each family a little Christmas box to open. Inside the box was a note from the girls...


Here's the look on our family's faces.... a mix of surprise, big grins and the inevitable "ahhhh".

So what was on that note from the girls? I'll let you read it for yourself... :)

Adelyn means "courageous, under God's guidance". She's our baby on my left side. How do I know already? Mother's instinct. and it's her little personality that James and I are already discovering. She has a quiet strength to her. Gentle and calm. and her middle name Grace... well, it is by grace that we are saved by Jesus and can know His abundant love for us in an intimate way. We pray that Adelyn (and Kristen too) will know that same grace.

Kristen means "anointed". She's our baby on my right side. We are discovering her personality too. She is my strong kicker. always moving... and as James says, she's just like me. Marie is my middle name, passed down to me by my grandmother. Even though legally my middle name is now my maiden name, we wanted to Kristen to have this special name as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment