Thursday, January 21, 2010

Glucose screening

I had my glucose tolerance testing for Gestational Diabetes last week. Thankfully the drink wasn't as bad as I had made it up to be - it tasted like a very flat Sprite. However, an unexpected phone call yesterday informed me that I failed the test. My blood sugar level came back 8 points higher than allowed.... Oh so close to passing! On an medical note though, my book on twins said that it's common for women carrying multiples to have Gestational Diabetes. I might just be one of the numbers.

So tomorrow is Round 2.
The procedure: No food or drink after midnight tonight. Arrive at the lab at 8 in the morning. Drink the glucose drink. and wait for about 4 hours as they draw blood every hour thereafter.

Pray. I am most nervous about not eating or drinking for 12 hours - do they not realize how much this pregnant woman eats? I'm eating for 3! and I eat all the time! Cant wait for this procedure to be over. I'll update you when I know the results.

No comments:

Post a Comment