Monday, August 23, 2010

My Roly Polies

Kristen and Adelyn have turned in to roly polies over the past few days. Kristen first rolled over last Tuesday, and Adelyn did so today! I am so proud of them both as they are growing and learning new things!

I am amazed when I see them rolling over and how high they can lift their head. Tummy time seemed like the constant battle for months! and then one day... ta da! Being on their tummy is all they want to do! I blinked. and now look what they can do.


Rolling over had a few challenges in the beginning for both girls. Kristen or Adelyn would roll over. then realize she's stuck. and cry. so I would roll her back over. It was the same routine over and over and over again. This morning at 5:20, James and I woke up to the sound of a "help me!" cry -- what did we discover? Kristen rolled over, face down and couldn't roll back over. She was a little shaken up, but with some soothing, she went right back to sleep. It happened a second time as well. so I showed her how to turn her head to the side now so that's she's able to more comfortably lie on her tummy. Ever since teaching her to turn her head, she does it every time. She is such a quick learner!
*Since writing this post, I have had to teach Adelyn how to turn her head to the side after she rolls over as well. We had a very similar situation with her a few nights later. She quickly learned too!

Kristen rolls over primarily toward her right side, while Adelyn can roll in either direction. They have learned to play and reach for toys while lying on their tummy. and every night now, they roll over and sleep on their tummy soon after going to bed in their crib. My favorite is when I go in to their room to get them from their nap, and these 2 heads are popped up with eyes watching me as I walk in.

Speaking of... girls are stirring from their nap. Time to go get my roly polies.... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment