Friday, October 22, 2010

Love. and its Languages.

Lately, verses in the Bible about LOVE have been on my mind. As I hold Kristen and Adelyn, one verse that I memorized as a young child keeps coming back to memory. "We love because He first loved us." (1 John 4.19) I want Kristen and Adelyn to know what love is. Initially, they have no understanding of what it is. but they will learn what love is from Mommy and Daddy. (wow. humbling!) I want to show them love by giving them hugs and kisses, serving them, being patient and kind, playing with them, telling them "I love you". and one day, from the small ways that I show them love now, I pray that Kristen and Adelyn would comprehend the endless, greater love that God has for them.

1 John 4.9 - 12: This is how God showed his love among us: He sent his one and only Son into the world that we might live through him. This is love: not that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as an atoning sacrifice for our sins. Dear friends, since God so loved us, we also ought to love one another. No one has ever seen God; but if we love one another, God lives in us and his love is made complete in us.

Aleady I'm discovering the ways that Kristen and Adelyn are showing love. Each person gives and receives love in different ways, or "languages": quality time, physical touch, acts of service, words of encouragement, and gifts.
Kristen LOVES to give wide-open mouth kisses. and it makes my morning when I pick her up out of her crib and get one of her wet, slobbery kisses. Oh I could give her a thousand kisses for every one kiss that she gives me!
Adelyn LOVES physical touch and closeness. While playing on a floor pallet, Adelyn will "chase" or roll over to be close to Kristen. Adelyn reaches for Kristen and loves to hold her hand. and she gives the best hugs to Mommy and Daddy! I could hug and hold her all day!

No comments:

Post a Comment