Tuesday, April 27, 2010

One Month with Kristen and Adelyn

One month has flown by - I cant even believe how quickly it has gone! James and I often comment to one another how amazed we are that our family doubled in an instant - to go from zero to 2 babies like that has been a beautiful blessing.... but also has brought the realization of how drastically our lives quickly changed.

It definitely has been a busy month and at this point, all "oohhs and aahhs" are quickly becoming a fading memory due to the jumbled mess of my thoughts mixed with exhaustion. so, to help me record all their cuteness and firsts - this is what I love about my girls:
  • I LOVE discovering who God has created them to be. Kristen is an energetic fire ball. When she is awake, she is wide-eyed and alert. She loves to sit up and look at everything around her. Adelyn is kind, compassionate and loves people. She loves her sister - she will reach for Kristen, loves to be close to her, and will watch her with a look of concern when Kristen is upset and crying. Adelyn loves to fall asleep while being held (while Kristen is too wide-eyed to fall asleep!)

  • I also love their tinyness , their facial expressions, the way they discover each other and love each other, and watching them grow!

  • They love their Daddy! and Daddy sure does LOVE them. His heart is full of love for his beautiful girls!
  • They both love music - IPod or Mommy's singing or the lullaby bunny. They calm down to the sound of music. It brings me joy to be able to sing over them.

  • We all enjoy going on walks. It is actually my daily outing - and it's the only thing I can do at this point on my own with the girls outside of the house. It's refreshing and fun for all of us!


We had our 1 month weight check - I am pleased to say that the girls are growing and gaining weight! Kristen weighs 7 lbs, 7 oz and Adelyn weighs 7 lbs, 11 oz. Today, we even changed out our wardrobe - we are now too big for our newborn outfits and on to big girl clothes (0-3 months). Mommy was quite sad pulling out the preemie and NB clothes and packing them away - it all seems too soon to be needing bigger clothes for our girls. It makes me realize even more how quickly they are growing!

No comments:

Post a Comment