Thursday, October 1, 2009

a double portion of JOY

Welcome to what may be the easiest way for me to send out updates on our family’s life happenings. This is an email that I sent out about 4 weeks ago after our first visit to the doctor. More updates to come soon!

James and I wanted to share some exciting news with each of you and let you know that… we’re having a baby!
Well, actually it’s not just one baby but two! that’s right – TWINS! shocked?! because we are too!
We went to the doctor yesterday and she confirmed that I am 9 weeks along, due April 5th. However, during the ultrasound, we clearly saw two babies and two heartbeats. It was completely unexpected as James and I are unaware of twins in our families.
I am doing well and enjoying being pregnant. No major morning sickness, just mainly days of being tired. I feel blessed to be doing this well during my 1st trimester, especially knowing now that I’m carrying twins.
Needless to say, we are very excited (and full of emotions!) about adding TWO little Hughes to our family!


“Instead of their shame my people will receive a double portion, and instead of disgrace they will rejoice in their inheritance; and so they will inherit a double portion in their land, and everlasting joy will be theirs.” Isaiah 61:7

No comments:

Post a Comment